Friday, April 2, 2010

4/2/10 - Post-interview

well guys, it's done. The interview is complete. Now all thats left to do is wait. and wait. and wait. and wait some more. Well I did say I wanted to learn patience, right? ;)


THE INTERVIEW:

Well, we started off with the basics: name, will I be over 18 by the time summer rolls around? Which program would I prefer? Do I comply with the Disney Look, etc. Just basic questions that were mostly on the application. Then came the fun stuff - the questions of death *dun dun DUN!!!*
1. Which top 2 or 3 roles would you be interested in?
- Merchandise, Quick-Service food and beverage, and attractions.

2. Now, a lot of these roles require you to memorize lengthy speeches in front of large crowds. Do you feel comfortable doing this?
- Yes I feel very comfortable doing this because I have been in several musicals and plays with speaking roles so this would be no problem for me.

3. Can you tell me about your past work experience?
- Well I haven't had an actual job, but I have done things such as babysitting and lifeguarding at the local holiday inn.
-Can you explain that please?
- Yes, well the Holiday Inn kept a list of lifeguards available in the area and when someone wanted to have a pool party they would contact lifeguards on the list. I was hired independently and didn't have a permanent boss.

4. Some of these rolls require handling large amounts of money. Have you had experience with this?
- No, but I'm willing to learn.

5. Have you ever been to Disney?
-No (laughs)

6. What would you want to see in the park?
- Probably Cinderella's Castle but I'm not sure! I want to experience everything!

7. Why do you want this internship?
- Working for Disney has always been my dream for as long as I can remember. This would be a good way for me to get started. Also, I'm going into Music Education and I feel that this would help me learn patience and poise for that role as a teacher.

8. Have you ever lived with roommates before?
-Yes, I'm actually living with 3 right now.

9. What do you think could be a challenge living with other people?
-Possibly getting a roommate that you dont get along with. However, I like to think of myself as a people person and I find that I'm quite good at getting along with people and making friends.

10. Do you see yourself more as an independent person or a team player?
- I see myself more as a team player but I can be either very comfortably.




thats all i can really think of. All together it took about 15 mins.
I guess we will find out soon enough, huh?


One of the things I didn't really like is that my interviewee didn't say ANYTHING after I answered a question. I know she was typing my answers up but it was VERY unnerving. O.o
I hope i did alright!!!!!


-Christy

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

The Disney Dream: Christy's Journey © 2008. Design By: SkinCorner